Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Pilot Knob Road

It looks like we received about 3" of heavy snow from the weekend.  The road through Pilot Knob State Park has been packed with the roller.  It should be okay for skate skiing.  I made an attempt to set a track with the tracksetter behind the roller but there wasn't enough snow for a good track.

I would avoid skiing on the lake at Pilot Knob since some water was pushed above the ice because of the heavy snow resulting in slush that will take a few days to refreeze.

The golf course has too many thin spots to do any grooming there.


Pilot Knob Road packed with roller 12-4-18

1 comment:

  1. I just got back from skiing the Pilot Knob road packed and tracked for skiing by Jeff Hovinga! I thought it was really good for my first time out. Thanks so much Jeff.. we're heading out there again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete